Busy people who are juggling many areas of their business, see the importance of hiring additional blog writers, or copy writers that will help maintain search engine optimization, reader engagement and marketing efforts.
What you need to know before you hire a writer or blogger to help you with your business.
- Make sure that you have seen a few samples of their writing!
- Can they write according to the ‘voice’ of your company or you personally?
- Do you want them to blog as a guest blogger, or submit their blogs as a ghost writer?
- Do they understand search engine optimization?
- What industry are they familiar with, and do they know what they write about?
- Are they generating content personally or are you providing them with content that they rewrite?
- Know your budget and marketing goals.
- Do they understand the importance of categories and keywords?
Having a goal to post a blog once a week is a great place to start but posting 3-5 times a week is more desirable as it encourages your readers to return on a regular basis to see what else you have to say while enhancing your search engine optimization.