The following is a list of my favorite resources and tools. There will be links to other pages on this site with additional resources or samples, too. Enjoy!
NOTE: None of these are affiliate links.
FIRST THINGS FIRST - What are YOU personally working with?
Do you even know who you are and how you work? (Value your uniqueness)
PERSONALITY TYPING through MBTI –
https://16personalities.com Discover your strengths and weaknesses (we all have them)
https://enneagramgift.com/free-enneagram-tests/ (How you approach life and handle stress
Discover what mindsets you are living by that are sabotaging your efforts over and over. https://assessment.positiveintelligence.com/saboteur/overview
https://www.truity.com/ (is one such site to find more tests.)
BOOKS - IMPORTANT READING
These two books are absolutes (in my opinion) for whatever you are building whether it is a business, a nonprofit, or a life!
HELPFUL SOFTWARE & RESOURCES:
- Zoom.us – you already know about this
- Otter.ai – record and transcribe, thoughts, meetings, books, ideas, etc. It will be automatically transcribed and uploaded to the main account. You can access it from anywhere and repurpose the content for social media, products, etc.
- EVERNOTE: (https://evernote.com/ )This has become my brain! Synched to all of your devices, This is where you’d store your research, writing, notes, and so much more.
- X-Mind – (https://www.xmind.net/desktop/) Mind mapping software to chart out your sequence of events, etc.CLICK TO VIEW A SAMPLE PDF at: http://creativevirtualoffice.com/mindmaps/
- GIMP – ( https://www.gimp.org/) Open source (free) software comparable to Photoshop for creating and managing images
- FREE IMAGES – there is a list of many sources for copyright-free images for no charge or donation suggested on this page: http://creativevirtualoffice.com/artwork-clipart-resources/
- Jotform – (https://www.jotform.com/) Create or import forms of any kind to collect data that can be hosted on your own website or utilized individually if you don’t happen to have a website. Each form can be made into a mobile app as well if you like.
- TECHSOUP – (https://www.techsoup.org/) If you own a nonprofit, you want to register with them to purchase equipment, memberships, and obtain resources, especially for nonprofits. For instance, the Adobe package for all of their software would cost you just under $70 a month to use. Through TechSoup, you can purchase this same package as a nonprofit for $20 a month – and use it on several devices!.